Hair loss can happen from either a part of the body or the entire body, but most commonly it happens from the scalp. There can be many underlying causes responsible for it, for e.g it could be hereditary, because of some deficiency, hormonal changes, medications or any other medical condition. Whatever might be the reason or part from where hair is lost, it is always a matter of concern for the patient not only medically but also cosmetically. Hair loss is more common in males that in females.
The term “Baldness” typically refers to excessive loss of hair from your scalp. Baldness might be due hereditary reasons, use of too many cosmetics on your hair, tight pony might lead to hair loss from regular pressure areas, regular dirt or dandruff on scalp, or other medical conditions.
Alopecia, is another term that we usually come across. It is a medical condition in which hair loss suddenly starts in one or more circular patches from scalp. It is an autoimmune disease in which immune system starts attacking hair follicles, or it might be also due to severe stress.
Hair loss can be temporary for e.g due to: change of seasons, allergy, excessive sweating, dandruff, post pregnancy conditions, anaemia, etc. In some cases it can be permanent like due to age factors, hereditary reasons, etc. and can appear in different forms, like it can happen gradually or have a sudden onset. Depending on the type its common sign and symptoms include- gradual thinning of hair, there can be patchy bald spots, sudden loosening of hair, receding hairline, complete loss of hair on the body, etc.
People experiencing this problem are ready to take any advice to save their hair as healthy hair is one of the beauty norms of our society. A complete solution to ones problem can be made if one trusts homeopathy doctor. Homeopathic medicines have proved their effectiveness in all types of cases of hair fall. Some common medicines that have proved there worth clinically are discussed below:
- Natrum muriaticum – for post pregnancy hair loss and women who are suffering from anaemia.
- Fluoric Acid – promotes hair growth and good medicine for alopecia.
- Silicea – hair fall with skin condition like eczema
- Lycopodium – excellent remedy for any kind of hair loss, premature graying and baldness.
- Barytra Carb – for premature baldness
- Kali Sulphurium – prescribed when hair fall happens with dandruff yellow in colour.
- Pulsatilla – for post delivery hair loss
- Thuja – hair loss due to dry, white, scaly dandruff
- Phosphorus – when hair loss is seen in bunches
- Vinca minor – good for alopecia and dandruff
Though these medicines have been found clinically excellent, but homeopathy believes on individualisation of every case, therefore it is always advised to consult a homeopathic physician before starting self medication. With medication you should also look for natural ways of making your hair healthy like oiling on regular basis, using natural products for washing them and minimising the use of harmful chemicals.