What is Haemorrhoids?
Haemorrhoids or piles are the swollen veins located in the lowest part of the anus or rectum. Sometimes, the walls of the rectal veins around the anus swell, like in varicose veins, and become thin. These veins bulge out on applying pressure and thus get irritated while passing motions.
Haemorrhoids that develop inside the rectum are known as internal haemorrhoids, while those which develop around the anus are known as external haemorrhoids. External haemorrhoids are more common and are more troublesome.
Haemorrhoids are one of the most common causes of rectal bleeding and may also present with symptoms like pain, severe itching, burning and difficulty in sitting. It is a very common condition and almost 50% of the adults will develop this condition sometimes in their life, by the age of 50.
Homeopathy medicines have given wonderful results in the cases of haemorrhoids. AVI homeopathy is the best homeopathy clinic in Jaipur that gives effective and permanent treatment for the acute as well as chronic cases of haemorrhoids.
The exact cause of haemorrhoids is unknown. Still, it is a known fact that stretching of rectal veins under pressure, like during passing stools, can get swelled or bulge out, resulting into haemorrhoids.
The reasons which can increase the pressure inside the lower rectum are-
- Straining while passing motions
- Spending lot of time sitting on the toilet
- As a complications due to chronic constipation or diarrhoea
- During pregnancy
- Having anal intercourse
- Eating low finer diets
- Regular heavy lifting
- Family history of haemorrhoids
Signs & Symptoms
Sign and symptoms of haemorrhoids usually depend upon the type of haemorrhoids, with which the patient is suffering-
They develop around the anus and show sign and symptoms like-
- Itching and irritation around anus
- Pain and discomfort
- Bleeding, especially while passing stools
- Swelling around anus
They develop inside the rectum, and present with complaints like-
- Painless bleeding, in which bright red blood is seen on the stool after passing
- Haemorrhoids might push out of the anus, resulting into prolapsed or protruding haemorrhoids, that may cause pain and irritation.
In this type the blood pools in the external haemorrhoids, forming a clot or thrombus. Signs and symptoms may present as-
- Very severe pain
- Presence of lump near the anus
- Haemorrhoids have been known passing in the family, so if any of the parents is having haemorrhoids, there chances that the child will also develop the condition in the future.
- Consistent heavy lifting
- Obesity, or other strain on the body may result into this condition
- Standing for very long hours
- Regular anal intercourses
- Chronic constipation and diarrhoea
- In pregnancy, due to pressure on the veins due to enlarged uterus
Haemorrhoids rarely complicate, but may sometimes result in conditions like-
- Anaemia, due to chronic blood loss
- Strangulations in internal haemorrhoids can cause very severe pain
- Painful blood clots, that may be needed to be lanced and drained
External haemorrhoids can be seen with the naked eye. For investigating internal haemorrhoids, doctor may need to examine anal canal and rectum with the help of digital examination and visual inspection with the help of anoscope, proctoscope or sigmoidoscope.
Homeopathic medicines not only treat the symptoms produced by haemorrhoids, but also reduce its tendency of recurrences. Homeopathy follows holistic approach of treatment for any disease, in which it is believed that it’s not the organ or particular part which is diseased, but it’s the derangement of the vital force of the body, which has caused the particular condition. Homeopathy medicine empowers that vital force inside the body, extinguishing the underlying disease.
AVI homeopathy is the best homeopathy clinic in Jaipur that works on this concept of holistic approach, and thus treat diseases permanently from their roots.