What are Gallstones?
Gallbladder is a small, pear shaped organ, located on the right side of the abdomen, just below the liver. It is a small pouch that holds the green-yellow digestive fluid, known as bile. Bile is released inside the small intestine, where it helps in fat digestion. Bile also helps in carrying wastes like cholesterol and bilirubin, which are formed due to breakdown of red blood cells. Most of the times gall stones are formed due to increased levels of cholesterol and bile pigments in the blood.
The size of the gall stones can range from the size of a grain to as large as golf ball. People can develop one or many stones at the same time in the gallbladder. Gallstones might not produce symptoms for a long time, except vague gastric and bloating, until they move and block the bile duct, producing severe pain, which might be an emergency.
Homeopathy is very effective in dissolving the gallstones to very extent. If the person starts homeopathic medications, it is possible to save later complications of the disease. Dr. Ashok Choudhary is a homeopathy specialist doctor for gallstones and can treat the condition in the most natural and effective way.
Types of Gallstones
There are mainly two types of gallstones-
- Cholesterol stones- These contribute to about 80% cases of gallstones. They are usually yellow-green in colour with multiple numbers.
- Pigment stones- They are made up of bilirubin, and are smaller and darker in size and colour.
It is still not very sure, how a gallstone is formed. But, it is mostly believed that it may be formed due to-
- Excess of cholesterol in the bile, which bile is not able to dissolve. Eventually excess cholesterol crystallises, converting into stones.
- Too much bilirubin in the bile, due to certain medical conditions like liver cirrhosis, biliary tract infections and certain blood disorders. Excess bilirubin can convert into pigment stones.
- If the gallbladder does not drain properly, fluids may become very concentrated, contributing in the formation of stones.
Signs & Symptoms
Gallstones as such do not cause any symptom. Pain occurs only when gall stone blocks the bile duct, obstructing the outflow of the bile from the gallbladder. Gall pain may precipitate every time the person eat foods rich in fats.
Some other symptoms experienced due to gallstones may include-
- Stomach pain
- Dark coloured urine
- Clay coloured stools
Factors that may increase the risk of developing gallstones are-
- Females over 40years of age are more at risk
- Overweight or obese people, especially females
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Taking fatty and high cholesterol food on regular basis
- Eating low fiber diet
- Family history of gallstones
- Certain blood disorders, like sickle cell anaemia and leukaemia
- Medications that contain estrogen, like oral contraceptives or hormone therapy
- Liver diseases
Gallstones may cause complications like-
- Inflammation of the gall bladder
- Blockage in the common bile duct, that may cause severe pain and jaundice
- Blockage of the pancreatic duct that may cause inflammation of pancreas
- Gallbladder cancer
Doctor will take the complete medical history of the patient, and ask for certain investigations like abdominal ultrasound, endoscopic ultrasound, blood tests, to know if any infections are present, other imaging tests like oral cholecystography, hepatobiliary iminodiacetic acid (HIDA) scan, computerized tomography (CT), magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) or endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) to complete the diagnosis.
Homeopathic Treatment for Gallstones
Homeopathy provides natural, safe and painless way to get rid of the gallstones. Conventional method offers only surgery and removal of gallbladder as the method of treatment in the cases of gallstones. While homeopathy can successfully dissolve small and medium sized stones, avoiding the need of removal of gallbladder. Homeopathic medicines can also be used as a preventive to avoid future development of stones.
Dr. Ashok Choudhary is a successful homeopathy specialist doctor for the cases of gallstones. The medicines prescribed are natural and side effects free, which remove the symptoms and the disease permanently from the body.