Overview of contact dermatitis: It is a type of inflammation of the skin. Contact dermatitis is a rash that occurs at the site of exposure of a substance capable of producing an allergic or irritant skin response. The rash isn’t contagious or life-threatening, but it can be uncomfortable.
What causes contact dermatitis: Common causes of contact dermatitis include: cosmetics, certain foods and drink, perfume and many plants. Other common causes are harsh soaps, detergents, and cleaning products.
Risk factors for contact dermatitis: contact dermatitis is caused by the direct application of the provoking substance to unprotected skin. Therefore, the key risk factor is exposure to that substance.
Sign and symptoms:
Contact dermatitis usually occurs on areas of your body that have been directly exposed to the reaction-causing substance . The rash usually develops within minutes to hours of exposure and last for two to four weeks.
Sign and symptoms of Contact dermatitis include:
- Large, burning, and itchy rashes. These can take anywhere from several days to weeks to heal.
- Red rash appears immediately in irritant contact dermatitis, the rash sometimes does not appear until 24-72 hours after exposure to the allergen.
- Blisters and urticaria often form in a pattern where skin was directly exposed to the allergen or irritants.
- In case of irritant contact dermatitis there is more pain than itch.
- Dry, cracked, scaly skin.
- Bumps and blisters, sometimes with oozing and crusting.
When to see a Doctor:
Consult to a doctor if:
- The rash is sudden, painful, severe or widespread.
- The rash is so uncomfortable that you cannot sleep properly or it affects your daily activity.
- The rash doesn’t get better within 3weeks.
- The rash is on your face or having some cosmetic difficulty.
Homoeopathic treatment for contact dermatitis:
Homoeopathy is the most popular holistic system of medicine. The selection of medicine is based upon the theory of individualization and symptom similarity by using holistic approach. The aim of homoeopathy is not only to treat contact dermatitis but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. There are various homoeopathic remedies which available to treat contact dermatitis that can be selected on the basis of cause, sensation, modality and complaints. At AVI homeopathy, we have proven results of contact dermatitis in homoeopathy. All the case records shows a huge success in treating contact dermatitis with the help of most safest system of medicine.