Are you really frustrated from PCOD problem?
Learn about PCOD / PCOS – Problems, Causes, Symptoms & Treatment.
PCOD is a very common problem faced by women from all ages, who are in their reproductive life. Conventional methods do not provide very promising and permanent cure for this problem, and it keeps happening again and again, which gives a lot of trouble to women, who face it. Homeopathy can provide a very effective and side effects free cure for PCOD. Avikadoctors can help you in getting rid of this trouble from the roots by providing best homeopathic doctors online. But first let’s know a few important things about this medical condition.
Difference Between PCOS & PCOD
The terms Polycystic ovarian disease (PCOD) and Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) are frequently used interchangeably by many, but they are different, though both of them are related to ovaries and hormonal disturbances. PCOS is a metabolic disorder and is caused due to endocrine dysfunction, while PCOD is caused due to hormonal imbalances and is very common among women of reproductive age. PCOS is a serious medical condition while PCOD can be treated by simple lifestyle managements.
Symptoms & Causes
Every woman has two ovaries that produce eggs alternately every month. These eggs if not fertilised result into sloughing of inner lining of endometrium along with egg that results into menstruation. This is a periodical process that continues every month until the menopause or temporarily if the egg gets fertilized and pregnancy is established.
In PCOD, the eggs produced are not able to get released from the ovaries due to hormonal imbalances and thus start getting collected. This piling up of eggs results into formation of cysts and with every month these cysts keep increasing in size. This condition usually results in enlargement of the ovaries, which start secreting a lot of amount of androgens that can lead to infertility.
Other common symptoms of PCOD may include-irregular periods, acne, male pattern growth of hair on the body, depression, abdominal weight gain, male pattern hair loss, etc.
The exact cause of PCOD is unknown, but the possible factors which may lead to PCOD include-stress, hormonal disturbances, being overweight, using insulin, diet, etc.
Women with PCOD don’t have significant infertility issues, and can conceive with little medical help and lifestyle managements, while in women having PCOS miscarriages are common and conception could be challenging due to hormonal imbalances. Still, PCOD may sometimes cause complications like- Increased risk for endometrial cancer, infertility, though it can be avoided if treatment is given early, obesity, which may increase the risk of medical conditions like high blood pressure, heart diseases and diabetes, increased risk for breast cancer.
PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) Treatment & Medication
PCOD can be treated by lifestyle and diet managements. It is common medical condition and nearly 1/3 of women around the world suffer from it. If managements are not enough to cure this problem, homeopathy can provide the most natural, harmless and effective PCOD solution and help restore the balance of vitality.
Homeopathy medicine has proved very effective and helpful in treating PCOD. PCOD responds wonderfully to individualistic approach of treatment, where medicines are chosen individually for every patient. As stated above, the main causes of PCOD are influenced by lady’s emotional and mental state, the approach in the individualised homeopathy medicine is mostly focused on the mental sphere of the patient. The homeopathy medicine chosen on this approach not only helps the patient in getting rid of the presenting complaints, but also help regularise her periods and improve the mental health of the lady.
Though most of the times individualised homeopathic is the choice for PCOD, some commonly prescribed medicines include:
- Apis mellifica– Apis is one of the best and most frequently prescribed medicines in PCOD. The medicine is prepared from honey bee, and the characteristic pain of this medicine is also like sting of a bee. This medicine is prescribed when there is stinging pain in the ovarian region, accompanied by tenderness over abdomen and uterine region. There can be oedematous swelling in the body, and the patient is unable to tolerate heat. Usually right side of the body is affected, and the complaints get worse in the summer season.
- Pulsatilla– It is very good medicine in PCOD for women who have delayed and scanty menses. It is suitable for women who are of mild, gentle and yielding temperament. Patient is usually thirst less or takes very less amount of water. Pulsatilla is specially prescribed to young girls, who face problems related to menses during puberty.
- Sepia– It is best homeopathic medicine in PCOD for women with bearing down pain. Menses are irregular, which may be scanty or delayed in some, while early and profuse in others. Patient may have a ball like sensation in inner parts. Patient may also present with yellowish or green leucorrhoea. Mentally the patient is irritable and indifferent.
- Lachesis– Lachesis is prescribed in the patients who present with great aversion to tight clothing around neck and intolerance to anything which is tight fitting. The patient usual presents with symptoms on left side. The menses are scanty and feeble, and the pains in abdomen are relieved by flow. Mentally, jealousy is very marked in the patient, with great loquacity.
- Graphites– It is usually prescribed in patients who suffer with constipation, along with other symptoms. It is one of the great medicines for PCOD for patients who are fat and stout in build. The patient is very chilly, and cannot tolerate cold at all. The menses are very delayed, and are pale and scanty. Patient has tearing pain in the stomach, with sometimes sensation of hardness in the ovarian region.
- Natrum mur– It is a very beneficial medicine for PCOD in patients with suppressed and irregular menstrual cycles. Natrum mur is a very good medicine for regularising menses. It can be considered in women who have difficulty in conceiving, due to PCOD. Natrum mur patient is excessively hot and has great aversion to sun. Patient craves for extra salt in the diet. Mentally the patient is reserved by nature, and does not like to receive sympathy and company, while in distress.
- Thuja– This is very good medicine for women who have retarded menstrual flow with multiple cysts in the ovary. Thuja is very effective medicine for dissolving abnormal growths in the body. It is predominantly a left sided medicine. It is also a very good medicine for abnormal hair growth in women, due to hormonal imbalances.
- Sulphur & Silicea– Both these medicines are very helpful in treating acne in women who are suffering from PCOD. Sulphur is preferred in painful and itchy acne, while silicea is mostly prescribed for pustular acne, which are deep rooted.
If you have become frustrated of running to clinics for this insolent trouble, Avikadoctors can prove to be your one stop destination, if you seek homeopathic treatment for PCOD. Avikadoctors can provide you best homeopathic doctor online in just one click. Patients have to just register on the portal and avail the world class homeopathic treatment without having to wait in long queues outside the clinics.